18 July 2005

Sis, Post-Dennis

My sister has survived Dennis intact, Thank God!

She wrote to tell me how comforting it was that I had received email thoughts and prayers from several of you.......I'll let her say it in her own words:


I would also like to thank those who have asked about our welfare.
I have found that any acknowlegment of our trauma is soothing. Even some people who live here, but had no damage from Ivan or Dennis, have no clue what a trial it has been. They can still drive around, see the not so small remnants of damage and debris, and say the stupidest things. Most of us are changed, forever, I'm afraid, and I have trouble wrapping my brain around how people who have suffered much worse in their lives go on as well as they do.
I guess I'm pretty wimpy, and us wimps need our strokes from you caring folks.....

again....thank you.

Greybeard's MUCH younger sister.



MUCH younger, better lookin', smarter,
more compassionate.......
you know the routine!
GB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always happy to get good news when your thoughts of concern are answered. Now, what's with the MUCH YOUNGER wisecrack. We are all only as young as we feel and today I feel like a beer.