09 February 2007

Waking The Beast


Make one minor change, and the car in the photograph looks exactly like the dust covered car sitting in my garage. The exception is that my car has insignia indicating there is a 454 Cubic Inch/390 horsepower engine under it's hood, while the pictured car has a wimpy 350 C.I. engine.

I wrote earlier about the car and why I was no longer driving it here.
Now that Big Bubba is enjoying 80 degree afternoons in a Phoenix suburb, it's time to brush off the dust, drop in a new battery, and let the 7.4 liter powerplant contribute to global warming.
At 13 miles per gallon, my new Army pension is gonna come in handy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can already hear the engine rumbling from here!

Mike Poole said...

You need to just point that thing straight to Champaign and mash the right pedal.

I can be ready in an hour.

Anonymous said...

What is it with guys and Corvettes?? The 1961 'Vette that Larry has in the barn is pretty but it's definitely not my cup of tea. I guess my old body is just too racked up from being tossed around in the sky for the last 38 years. I like to go in comfort! Good thing there is something for everyone........

Anonymous said...

Lead, its long over due!! Good to see the plastic toy back on the road. We boys must have our toys to keep life interesting. Slick will line up behind this mission of love.

Teller said...

I'll be sure to tell my kids (whenever they may occur) that I know why it's 140 degrees in the winter...it's all because of this guy and his Corvette! :) Let me know if you ever need someone to "watch it" while you're on vacation.

cary said...

I am so jealous!

I miss my Challenger more everytime I read something like this...

Anonymous said...

Iam glad to hear that. From under the cover comes the joy of wind in your face.
Iam ready to do some work on that thing. Course I will need to be paid. A ride will do.