10 February 2010

Cabela's- Here We Go Again!

I wanted 600 rounds of .45 ACP. I can't expect to walk into Wally World and find 600 rounds waiting there calling "Buy me! Buy me!"
I like Cabela's. In all my dealings with them I have found Quality and Customer Service there to be top-notch. When I ordered this ammunition in early January I knew it was on back-order.
The guess-timation at that time was for a Mid-February delivery.
Yesterday I received this email:


Cabela's Inc.
World's Foremost Outfitter
One Cabela Drive, Sidney, NE 69160

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order. We are very sorry to inform you that we are unable to immediately fill your entire order and the merchandise listed below has been placed on backorder.

**-**** WINCHESTER 45ACP 230GR FMJ AMMO W/DRY BOX 45ACP 230GR FMJ600BX
Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 03/15/10

If you wish for the item(s) to remain on backorder, you do not need to contact us. Should you prefer not to wait, please contact our toll-free order desk at 1-800-237-4444 to cancel the backorder. For credit card orders, charges are not made until the item(s) are shipped.

We will do everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cabela's Inc. - Customer Relations

Two thoughts here:
...You may remember it took 4 1/2 months for me to receive the .30 Cal. Carbine ammunition for my new M-1, but I DID finally receive it.

...The email I received from Cabela's on the Carbine ammunition said if I didn't want that order canceled I had to call them. Notice the difference this time-
The order will be delivered UNLESS I call and cancel. Seems my complaint to them about that first order found ears that hear. Good for you, Cabela's.

With guns in calibers running the gamut from .22 to .44Mag and .45, I also ordered a universal cleaning kit. (It's also on back-order.)

Think supply has caught up with demand for guns/ammo/accessories?
Think again.
(How is stock in Olin/Winchester and Remington doing?)

1 comment:

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Hell, around here I would LOVE to be able to find 600 rounds of 9mm, .45 and .223 ammo, each. Can't be done.

BZ